30 April 2009

Spring


The question is has Spring sprung here? Early in April it was quite warm, but as we moved towards the end of the month it has been raining a lot. This is typical Spring weather for this part of the world. I only hope that we do not enter a long period of cold and rainy weather. Often I am missing the warm/hot Springs of the southern US, but the views of the Alps in Spring are irreplacable.


We can be in the mountains early on the Sunday seeing the beautiful peaks of the Alps and then drive home and see flowers blooming everywhere.



The first signs of Spring were devloping in the mountains. Small blooms were springing up around the village.


I am not an expert on flowers so I have no idea what these are called. All I know is that these mountain flowers are less robust then those in the valley.



Each year we try to put some flowers in this large planter. This was my selection this year. Please don't ask me the name. I selected them based on their beautiful colors.





What is also nice is to see the same pictures in color and then in black & white.

First the color view



The black & white view




We also have a mirabelle tree in the yard. I had never heard of mirabelles until I moved to Europe, but it is a fruit that is available in summer, around July. Here is the tree in blossom. First it is all white and then it turns green and eventually the mirabelles are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment